Wednesday, August 3, 2011

夏のミラージュ - 和田加奈子

Here is one of my favorite anime songs, from Kimagure Orange Road, so sweet. I may try to give this a shot at karaoke if they have it. Since I'm sweating it out in Tokyo now, seems only appropriate.





Summer Mirage - Kanako Wada

I'll put a spell
on you, player[1]
I want to put your heart
into a trance

Love is deja vu
unfamiliar memories
I can feel
our lips overlapping

Love me tenderly
a golden summer mirage
Someday someday
The morning you call me your lover[2]
go ahead and kiss my naked body
Someday someday
I'll wait forever

There's a balloon floating
between buildings
I have a feeling
very similar to vertigo.[3]

Stretch out your fingers
a letter with no characters
If I entrust it to the wind [4]
I bet you'll get it[5]

Love me eternally
White doves dancing on the wind
Tell me tell me
I wonder when love will come
To hold that person[6]
Tell me tell me
I'll wait forever

The Persia Blue
in your eyes
I want you to show me
the mysterious future

Love me tenderly
a golden summer mirage
Someday someday
The morning you call me your lover
go ahead and kiss my naked body
Someday someday
I'll wait forever

Notes:

[1] This is kind of bullshit haha. But I couldn't find anything about 遊び心 being an adverb or something. It seemed like it's instead the object of ふりかけて. The meaning I gathered is just wanting to have fun for fun's sake, like a player. I mean, 遊ぶ is even in there, so maybe this isn't surprising. I haven't looked to see how others have translated it, but it seems to fit, maybe.

[2] I don't think 呼ばれる is modifying 朝. "The morning I'm called your lover" seems strange to me, so I changed it to active instead of passive voice........is that bad?

[3] This whole bit was sort of problematic, but I think it came out right? First I couldn't decide if 予感 was being modified or not by the previous line, but I decided it was.

[4] あづける There were a bunch of words I was thinking about here like just plain "send" [on the wind] or "leave" or "throw" [to the wind], but I guess entrust seemed not tooooooo stiff and to catch the most meaning.

[5] "Probably" sounded really weak here. That line has a lot of personality, so I tried out "I bet" and it seems better. Maybe I'm a horrible translator. Maybe someday I'll go to grad school #bewww

[6] Ah this line is super important right? But I had trouble deciding how to read it. The は at the end is distinct from the kind of わ two lines down, so it's either just a phrase orrrrrr (what I decided, it seemed like it is maybe connected to that line. I.e. without the "tell me tell me" you would just read it as "To hold that person, I'll wait forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment