Saturday, August 14, 2010

TORA TORA TORA - MAX

UPDATE Sept 4, 2010: I learned something new. See note 4.

A friend on Twitter joked this should be my theme song. Here is a rough translation of the lyrics.

TORA TORA TORA Love Love Mode is WAR! Settle it!
READY READY READY Love Love I'll definitely BOMB you with my feelings

My heart is hot, I'm looking in the mirror pumping up my fighting spirit. (1)
My only weapon is my smile!
You'll be able to say it for sure. It'll come true for sure. (2)
With this strategy

TORA TORA TORA my love is earnest TORA TORA TORA I'm serious!
In the whole world the only thing I want is you
TORA TORA TORA Sniping! TORA TORA TORA It's a fight! (3)
I'm gonna use all my courage and see what you think! (4 -- UPDATED!)

TORA TORA TORA Love Love Chance GO No one is watching
DANGER DANGER DANGER Love Love Timidness is BOMB Vanquish it! (5)
Although I've sent you the signs, you don't notice
I'm only getting my heart broken
A coincidence, huh, good luck, huh
No, it's not!

TORA TORA TORA my love is earnest TORA TORA TORA anytime
I won't surrender this passion. All I want is your heart.
TORA TORA TORA Today's smile TORA TORA TORA I'll wager on it!
I'm only looking towards tomorrow; hold me (6)

TORA TORA TORA my love is earnest TORA TORA TORA I'm serious!
In the whole world the only thing I want is you
TORA TORA TORA Sniping! TORA TORA TORA It's a fight!
Use all your courage and get me!


(1) In Japanese you "put in" fighting spirit, but "pump up" sounds more natural to me in English.
(2) I chose to have the guy be the one who will be able to say it, but it's hard to tell really if she wants to be chased or chase.
(3) Sniping? Or is it "my aim is you?" うちthrew me off.
(4) UPDATE: So I found out you can use ぶつける as like bouncing an idea off someone. In that case I feel like the subject is probably 今の私 because she is talking about trying to get his attn. PREVIOUSLY: I translated ぶつける as just "get" but "get" in the sense of "earn my affections" or whatever. Like, the idea is a "fight" maybe. Or it could be "bump into" but neither of those really capture what I feel like the meaning is...
(5) I actually wanted to translate this as: "Quit being a pussy!" but decided not to.
(6) Awkward, but "Hold the me of now who is only gazing at tomorrow" is worse. What to do...




No comments:

Post a Comment