Wednesday, May 2, 2012

オレンジの雨 ー 野口五郎

It's raining again today, so I went looking for a rain song. Found one! D:


Orange Rain - Gorō Noguchi

That kind of thing is not inconsequential
I'm not gonna love you forever
If we're together [1]
drenched in orange rain, you could call it playing with fire
we'll burn up for just that moment
love is always fickle

It's ok to love like crazy
To scream you want to die
We'll have an orange dream at daybreak
From off somewhere, a farewell bell [2]
We'll go running to catch it [3]
Love always wants to cool off

If it's the two of us
drenched in orange rain, you could call it playing with fire
we'll burn up for just that moment
love is always fickle

Notes

[1] I originally had this as "If it's the two of us" like "This doesn't happen with anybody" but I don't know if that nuance was actually intended or not. Probably not if, with such a fickle hearrrrt. Anyhow so I just changed it. 

[2] More literally this is "From somewhere creeps a farewell bell" but that seems awk in English. I get that it's probably slipping through the window with the morning sun or something, but.

[3]  This grammar through me a little...was hard to look up so I kinda winged it.

No comments:

Post a Comment