Saturday, May 12, 2012

美しすぎて ー 野口五郎

K I realized if I'm gonna do the 'so-called' relaunch that I should actually post, so here is another Goro Noguchi track. 



Too Beautiful - Goro Noguchi

Too beautiful, you're frightening
Too beautiful, love is frightening
Why did you show up around here [1]
at a time like this?
What are you waiting for, batting your eyelashes?
What are you doing, turning your back to me? [2]
Why must you torment [3]
my soul so much? [4]

Don't mess up my heart
It'll only bring you bad luck
Don't make me cry
It's seems like there's gonna be some trouble [5]

Too beautiful, you're frightening
Too beautiful, love is frightening
Why did you show up around here
at a time like this?
Where are you going barefoot?
What do you see in the mirror?
Why must you crush
my dreams so much?

Notes:

[1] Executive decision, heh. Literally it's "near me." At first I had, "Why did you appear near me at a time like this?" I guess I could have put "Why did you appear to me at a time like this?" but...I'm not sure if that's the right nuance. Could consider editing this again.

[2] Or is it, "What will you do when I turn my back?" Could not decide.

[3] The "must" isn't literal but I think the tone is right in English?

[4] "so much" could also be "like this" but I felt like the も changes it maybe.

[5] This seems like a weak effort. I thought about saying, "It seems like we're gonna do something we'll regret," or "It seems like we're gonna make a mistake," but she is not sharing his fear. Also, the subject in the original is the actual event (which could be literally translated as "improper conduct" but I'm not gonna put "It seems like some improper conduct will occur," no way lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment