Friday, November 18, 2011

欲望を叫べ!!!! - OKAMOTO'S

So this I should have translated back when I bought the single, but I was busy. It's a great song! I like even more now that I have investigated the lyrics more thoroughly. You can see the video here.

And here are the lyrics in Japanese!

Shout Your Desire!!!! - OKAMOTO'S

Yeah yeah yeah listen to my heart beat! [1]

Dance Dance Dance to you
Just Just Just to you
cuz we're tied together with a red thread.

Somebody is cheating on somebody, ouch! Is that ok?
Not for me! I'm not messing with you!
The dirty pretty glittering sky, can you see it too?

Let's try to climb to the top of the Tower of the Sun [3]
It's all about, "Don't think, just feel!"
C'mon! My heart is jumpin'—I'm right on the edge [4]

Yeah yeah yeah listen to my heart beat!
Yeah yeah yeah there's nothing pointless about love!

Dive Dive Dive in you
Birth Birth Birth feelin' good
People are always telling me no for no reason. I wanna do it, I can't hold back anymore

Have you ever loved and been loved intensely?
What is gonna happen to the connection between us?
C'mon! My heart is jumping'—I'm right on the edge!

Yeah yeah yeah Listen to my heart beat!
Yeah yeah yeah! there's nothing pointless about love! that's right, isn't it?

Yeah yeah yeah Listen to my heart beat
Yeah yeah yeah There's nothing pointless about love!
Yeah yeah yeah Listen to my heart beat
Yeah yeah yeah There's nothing pointless about love!
Yeah yeah yeah!

Notes:

[1] More literally this is a sound effect, but it just doesn't sound cool in English. Not that "Listen to my heart beat" is that cool, but I think it gets the feel across better than something corny like "thumpity thump thump thump" ;P

[2] Having trouble with the second part of this line. The way I read it was...ばかにするんじゃない。Which...yeah I'm honestly just not sure. I was thinking of saying something like, "Don't give me that bullshit" but I don't know what really gets closer...'n clearly I am not quite sure who the subject is :(

[3] Yeah, the Tower of the Sun is a real place. You can read more about why it's important to the band in this interview from a last summer that I translated.

[4] This is another one where I replaced some sound/effect. I like it :3 I mean I think the end part of being right on the edge could have been done as, "I'm about to boil over," but I'm not sure if they really meant that imagery when they used バチバチ. Seems more abstract in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment