Thursday, July 19, 2012

Candy Candy - きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ

Sorry I'm being pokey. Final exams and what not. Actually I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now.

Here's my translation of "Candy Candy." It's fairly liberal for me. I'm working on improving the feel of my English because really there should be no difference between English that is written as a translation and English that is just...written.

Candy Candy - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu


In my desk, in my pocket, and in my bag, too
I always have it, I never forget Should we pick something out?
A little tiny smidge of happiness is born
Floof, a sweetened atmosphere I bet we can make it through this without getting all worked up

CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY
SWEETIE SWEETIE GIRLS LOVE
CHEWING CHEWING
CHEWING CHEWING
CHEWING CHEWING CHEWING
CUTIE CUTIE XXX CHEWING LOVE
CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY
SWEETIE SWEETIE GIRLS LOVE
CHEWING CHEWING
CHEWING CHEWING
CHEWING CHEWING CHEWING
CUTIE CUTIE SO CANDY LOVE

This and that and that over there, everybody's so wonderful, I want to fall under your spell
I don't have any time to be listening to your requests!
Cuz no, I'm a girl and right now is an important time
Floof, a sweetened atmosphere I bet we can make it through this without getting all worked up




The only note I really feel like leaving here is that before paying attention to the video/reading the lyrics I thought "Girls Love" sounded a lot like "Gum Drop." I guess in Japanese the difference between ラブ and ドロップ is a significant amount of syllables, but I thought she was just using natural English pronunciation. The words certainly would have fit the song...

If somebody has any questions or criticism, the comment section is open :P

No comments:

Post a Comment