Thursday, March 15, 2012

今日はなんだか - シュガーベイブ

Pretty sure I'll just be putting this on repeat for the rest of the day, haha. Japanese here.



Today, Somehow - SUGAR BABE [1]

Somehow today I have the feeling
even though you're far away [2]
I can hear your voice

Cuz somehow today
the morning fragrance [3]
smells a little better

At that moment your heart
got through to me
Wanna confide it? [4]
This helpless feeling [5]

Somehow today I have the feeling
that your heart
opened up a little bit

Note:

[1] Could hem and haw all day over how to translate なんだか but I think this way works?
[2] Added the "even though" because that's how it would be in English and they did that weird adjective with personal pronoun thing that we only do super rarely in English...
[3] I think I wrote this 16 ways and then got sick of it. Seems ok? "Aroma" was wonky. I tried a few times with "scent" but I wanted to use "smelled" even there wasn't literally a verb there.
[4] Trying to think of a way to say it without "shall" cuz that just doesn't sound fluent. I think "Wanna" works if you think of it in terms of being invited to go somewhere, but in this context it sounds like only one of the people in question feels helpless and I don't think that's the case...
[5] Kind of annoyed that I have to say "feeling" here as well, but "emotion" sounds dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment