Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yūsuke Murata's Twitter Comic

Whoo, been a while since I posted here and that is sad, but the good news is that I'll be moving to Tokyo in THREE WEEKS and will maybe (?) have more time to practice translating. (Either that or I'll spend all my time doing home work...) Recently I took an recruiting company's translation test and got high marks, so that felt good, too. Even MORE recently, (aka JUST NOW), Mikikazu Komatsu, Joseph Luster, and I posted a translation of Yūsuke Murata's recently completed Hetappi Manga Kenkyuūjo R Twitter spin-off. (Murata is the artist on Eyeshield 21.)




The comic itself is awesome to behold, since it uses some spacial and lighting gimmicks to be a manga experience you can't get in a book or magazine. The translation was kind of tricky in a couple spots, but we got native approval from Komatsu, so I feel good about it! I even came up with a way to localize a visual [kanji] pun, so see what you think about that (if you find it).

Feel free to leave constructive comments on Crunchyroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment